Thursday, February 17, 2011

Update

Sorry for not having any exciting pictures to show. Right now work has been busy. I have a whole crew of exciting students this semester and they have been keeping me on my toes.

I finally got word from the Ormond Museum that they want 20 pieces for the show. At first they just said send a list of works and values, I was a bit confused. Those of you who have seen my shows know that my pieces in an exhibition can end up close to a hundred. The clarification was welcome. Now I know what I want to concentrate on finishing. In addition to new work some already made work will be going to and some clean up and/or updating will be necessary. As much as I want to start on the commission pieces, right now the Ormond Museum show is what I need to focus on as I deliver this show in the end of April and with the SLOSS conference coming up April will be very busy.

I got my check from the MS Museum for 1/2 of the commission payment. The rest I will get on delivery in August. I have some stainless steel on order and will order the rest once I get a feel for what sizes I want. Stainless is not so easy to get in the all the small sizes I like to use for boat sculptures. The cost of all steel and especially stainless had gone up dramatically in the last few months, one 4 x 8 sheet of 11 gauge stainless is $620. Phew, but it's worth it.

I went to the bank yesterday and officially opened my very first business checking account. I had gotten my EIN number late last year but really hadn't had any money to open an account. As soon as things quite down some from all these shows, I have some work to do getting all my business stuff set up and planned out. I am excited about all of this and it really feels like a step in the right direction.

That's it for right now. Hopefully I will have a few studio pictures soon to show you of the new pieces I have been working on.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment