Monday, June 11, 2012

Things Are Coming Along.

I have been very busy and seems things will get even busier every soon. On Wednesday I will be installing one of my Red Boat installations in the lobby of the Liberal Arts Building on the USM campus. Dean Moser has been asking for some time now about having an art installation and now is the time. Folks are welcome to come by anytime on Wednesday to see what is going on.

The Homes for Everyone project comes along well too. Anyone who builds anything knows that there is always some anxiety until the first one is fabricated and standing. Until that time I am always hoping my engineering and design work is on track, but it's not until after the first one is done that I can feel some relief knowing now that the rest of the process will happen a bit easier. Now, if I could only get a good period of undisturbed time to work!

Here are more images from the last week.

House parts, plasma cut and edges ground

A better way to cut windows and doors

The house all welded up

Building the base that goes under the house

The house on its base, one of my students K.W., demonstrating how you can get in and look out the windows. In some of the smaller homes this will not be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment